Sunday, September 28, 2014

What do you want your subconscious to do for you?

John Chatman, a successful Network Marketing and all around life coach, brings forth an interesting approach to getting things done: Just tell your subconscious to do it! One of my favorite ideas that he has is that if you have your mind set on something, you will do it. Now, I know what you're thinking. This is the oldest cliche in the book. "Believe and you will achieve!" We have all heard it. However, Chatman takes a different approach. Instead of loading his readers up with stale, hokey phrases to motivate action, he gives a reasonable, somewhat scientifically based game plan:
1. Make sure you're clear about what you want.
2. REPEAT. The subconscious mind only connects with and processes things that it considers important. These are the things that we do constantly, mixing them into our everyday routine. The subconscious is working with your body to help you survive, so if you make it clear that whatever you're doing is important enough to repeat, your subconscious will associate that with things that are necessary to your life.
3. SPEAK to your subconscious. Actually. Out loud. Talk to your brain.
This goes with anything. Personally, I will tell my subconscious to be a successful Network Marketer, among other things, but what about you?

What do you want your subconscious to do for you?






1 comment:

  1. It'd be pretty awesome if my subconscious could keep me from procrastinating. Basically, I'd love it if my mind made me WANT to keep working, rather than wanting to relax or be lazy.

    ReplyDelete