Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What runs through your mind when you hear the term "Network Marketing?"


    Do you think of pushy salespeople, "pyramid schemes", or organizations with ambiguous promises? I know that I did before I joined Arbonne.

    My roommate, a spunky and intelligent 20 year old, had been a consultant for the company for two years when I decided to join her in the journey. Prior to this, I had laughed along with my other friends when they jokingly called Arbonne a "money making cult", and my roommate would smirk as if she had a private joke.
    I knew that the company had a lot of integrity. They had completely organic ingredients in all of their beauty and health and wellness products; No preservatives or parabens, which was the main reason I finally decided to become a consultant. The 35% discount on safe and beneficial everyday products was my biggest incentive.
    However, I was in for a big surprise. I had no idea that their integrity carried much further than the ingredients in their products.
    The first meeting that I attended as a consultant for Arbonne included various speeches from people who were at different management levels in the company. They shared their stories of how they got involved with Arbonne and how it had changed their life. It occurred to me, as I was listening to our National Vice President share her journey from being bankrupt with three kids, to earning a 6 figure income in an incredibly short time, that Arbonne was much more than beauty products. A company that can offer a fun job for college students who want an extra $300 a month, or a full-time (still fun) career for anyone who has either been defeated by the corporate world, or in need of a way to support themselves and the people they care about? It sounds unbelievable, but I have witnessed it.
    With this blog, I want to document my journey with Arbonne, whether it is the rejections I face as I try to share the company with people, or the things I learn along the way.

 I hope that you learn a little something about the positives of network marketing, particularly this company and the independence that comes along with it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment